We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter Tours

bedford
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter Tours

How does someone decide which island to take a tour of.

My current plan is over a two week time period..spend 5 days on Maui, 4 days on Kaui and 3 days on teh Big Island.

I already don't have enough time.

one thing on the list is a helicotper tour. i didn't know if there was one that flew over all of them..or If I should do one and pick an island..or do a couple?

And NO I don't have lots of money...but for some reason vacation makes me think I do !!

KapohoKine Adventures
Gift & Speciality Shops, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Helicopter Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Air Maui
Helicopter Tours
Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours
Helicopter Tours, Private Tours
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,921 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter Tours

Well, I would only pick 2 islands max for the time you have allowed. For helicopter tour, I would pick Kauai or the Big Island. Much of Kauai is inaccessible, so a helicopter tour is a great way to see more of the island. With the Big Island there is just so much more to see, that would enable you to see more with your limited time. But I think I would divide your time btw Maui and Kauai and save the Big Island for when you have more time to really explore there. :)

bedford
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter Tours

Dang it...I am struggling with that myself...but I really want tos ee the Volcano!

Thanks for the feedback....

I am not going till october 2011...maybe I will in the lottery then and be able to stay a month :-)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,921 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter Tours

Ah - you will just have to come back! That is the wonderful thing about Hawaii - always more to explore . . . but I would hate to be rushed and really miss out on the essence of the islands by trying to cram in too much at one time. :)

bedford
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter Tours

Just wanted to add to thsi as I was looking into the helicopter tours and there are plane tours too.

Which one would you choose and why? Helicopter or Plane?

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,516 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter Tours

Kaua`i is THE island for air tours, as so much of it is inaccessible any other way. The advantage to the helicopter is the ability to hover, do 360's, and get closer to the sights. The advantage to the plane is lower price. I prefer the helo.

I agree, two island only.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,695 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Helicopter Tours

Kaua'i hands down. I wouldn't plan 3 days on the BI just to see lava...you may end up very disappointed when there is non to be seen! Madame Pele is very fickle!

7. Re: Helicopter Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2011, 05:17