We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking

south carolina
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
smoking

I know all the hotels are smoke free so is the beach!! Where are we able to smoke?? When we were in Aruba the hotel had a little area?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smoking

A lot of hotels have these areas for smokers.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
249 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoking

Some resorts won't allow any smoking anywhere on their property. I think the Sheraton is one of the hotels that doesn't allow any smoking anywhere. Also the fairly new Honua Kai in Maui doesn't allow any smoking there either. I am not a smoker, but my husband is, so it's pretty difficult planning a trip to Hawaii with a smoker. He is a rescpectful smoker and never smokes near me or any other people but some resorts don't even have designated smoking areas. I personally think that's wrong. I hate smoking but you should have the right to smoke somewhere where it doesn't affect anyone else. It isn't a crime to smoke, just unhealthy, but in Hawaii you are made to feel almost like a criminal if you are a smoker

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,488 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smoking

Aloha,

Not all hotels are smoke free. Some still have designated smoking rooms. Smoking on the beach is NOT illegal.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,238 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: smoking

With the exception of Kahuluu Beach on the Big Island...

You can smoke on ANY beach in Hawaii. Period.

I can't think of a neighbor island hotel that doesn't have a "leper colony" area for smokers.

And, funny, I think Hawaii residents are among the most tolerant of smokers among any of the Western US states. Now our visitors, especially from the West Coast (and recent transplants from there) may be snarky about it. But locals rarely complain even when folks light up in a bar or restaurant, as some still do.

Remember, only one ticket has ever benn issued in Hawaii under the no smoking laws. One. In four years.

5. Re: smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 19:18