We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pleasant Hawaiian booking on line, vs personal agent vs

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
872 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Pleasant Hawaiian booking on line, vs personal agent vs

Pleasant Hawaiian seems to keep changing prices based on what I seem to click first. Are they constantly changing/adding deals?

I assume it cost more if you go with your own agent than one of theirs? Is it cheaper if you book by yourself on line?

I am looking to tie onto our trip at the beginning, for the sake of airfare, and staying a bit longer. Is a car thrown in usually a good deal?

Is it cheaper to book far in advance with them?

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pleasant Hawaiian booking on line, vs personal agent vs

I have used Pleasant Holiday one time when I booked air and hotel for me and a friend. It was the only time I used PH as it was the only time they had such a great rate for my combination and needs.

The rates can change at any sight based on supply or demand. It is funny what you say about rates and clicking. I have wondered if rates jumped slightly after I clicked the 2nd or 3rd time.

If you mean your own travel agent, usually they charge the same and get their money as a commission on sales. But, so many waysvto skin the travel deal.

When to book is always the big $ question. When the price of the trip is equal to the pleasure the future trip will bring you then that is when to pull the trigger and buy.

Good luck

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
872 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pleasant Hawaiian booking on line, vs personal agent vs

We pulled the trigger, extending our trip, and staying at Moana surfrider for 3 days. The price was right for airfare for four, and a great hotel.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,298 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pleasant Hawaiian booking on line, vs personal agent vs

For future reference, it is better to post questions on the island that interests you forum, the "Hawaii" questions get buried.

It is always cheaper to book on your own using a variety of resources, hotel and airline web sites, Expedia, Hot Wire, Priceline, etc. The help you get from an agent comes at a price and the advice isn't always objective.

One you learn how to use the online tools, you can't believe you ever did it any other way.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pleasant Hawaiian booking on line, vs personal agent vs

On the other hand, when you book say through Priceline and run into an issue they do not have real live people on the island you can actually talk to to get it resolved. Pleasant Holidays has people all over the islands and are easily reached or met face to face.

We have never had any issues booking through Pleasant Holidays and find their prices competitive. Yes we could save a few bucks doing it all ourselves, and we do do some things our selves but if the object is to see how much you can save you have to consider what you might be giving up for those savings.

Of course we are not "left coast" folks so we only go every 5 years or so and tend not to scimp when we do. If we lived closer and could go more often perhaps some savings would make sense.

Like everythig, your mileage may vary.

Edited: 28 September 2011, 15:21
5. Re: Pleasant Hawaiian booking on line, vs personal agent vs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 07:18