We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter Tours

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter Tours

We will be in Oahu starting September 15 and possibly Kauai for 3 nights as well. What helicopter tour provider is best in your opinion and why. Ideally we'd like a tour just for the 2 of us or one with premium seating so we'd be assured of good views.

What time of day is best for touring. We are mainly interested in spectacular scenery.

If we stay only in Oahu which tour should we consider.

If we do go to Kauai for 3 nights should we wait and do helicopter tour there instead of Oahu - just wondering wich place for the most dramatic scenery.

Thanks for the advice

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,565 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter Tours

Aloha,

Kauai is the best for heli tours. I'd go with blue Hawaiian, and yes-upgrade to the premium bird, the Eco Star.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,558 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter Tours

Yes, Kauai would be the place for a helicopter tour - much of the island is inaccessible by car, so seeing it by air is the way to go. :)

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
104 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter Tours

Wondered if you did a helicopter tour in Kauai in Sept? We are going to Kauai in Feb and I can't decide which company to use. afraid of getting stuck in a middle seat but I think the doors off might be a bit much for me. any advice would be appreciated!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter Tours

Sunshine flys the EC-130 (a fantastic helicopter; the one my wife and I recommend to friends apprehensive about flying). It departs from Princeville & the tour includes the spectacular Napali Coast & Waimea Canyon. To my knowledge, Sunshine is the only company on Kauai offering guaranteed front row seating.

sunshinehelicopters.com/kauai/tours/princevi…

While there is no disputing the beauty of Kauai, when the weather cooperates, Oahu is also a great experience. Sunshine's sister company, Makani Kai, offers guaranteed front seating, but the helicopter is an A-Star; popular in Hawaii, but a step below the EC-130 (imo).

www.makanikai.com/oahu_helicopter_tours.html

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter Tours

Lisa - we are not going until September 2012.

6. Re: Helicopter Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2013, 10:24