We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whales and the New Year

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,877 posts
Save Topic
Whales and the New Year

Is it true them whales wear party hats just behind their blow holes as they breech around Hawaii? I was just wondering if somebody has seen something like that in Paradise the last few days. And of course, you wouldn't want to get too close to them, and mess with their party hats. :)

Happy New Year 2012 Everyone!

Edited: 02 January 2012, 22:16
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,016 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whales and the New Year

Heck yeah caddy you should have seen the amount of hats floating in the air on New Years eve!! You missed your birthday thread. I'll let you search for it as I'm rather busy with watching bowl games and playing on the computer. Happy New Year to you and yours also!! Welcome back!!

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,877 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Whales and the New Year

Fuzzy College Football is so 1999 you know. Unless it's UH of course! And just how do they decide those playoffs and whom is in first place? Is a bingo card? LOL

Oh well, the whales will be happy tonight in paradise. The world is a lovely place; more-so if we make it. Aloha!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whales and the New Year

Happy New Years Caddy and Ms Fuzz//only have less than 4 months to go fore I join the happy Whales!!

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whales and the New Year

have a whale of a new year, caddy!

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,877 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Whales and the New Year

You too Billy!

He's a real nowhere man; living in a Maui vacation land...watching the whales breech with little cute hats on their heads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_cwWP5Qf1k

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,279 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whales and the New Year

Happy New Year my friend...ya missed your birthday thread! Chicken! HA

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,877 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Whales and the New Year

Mamma I did! And I never saw it and can't find it?

But more importantly dear one, did you bake my birthday cake? :)

Edit: Family took hold of me and wouldn't let me get on TA. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)

Edited: 03 January 2012, 01:37
Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,877 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Whales and the New Year

Somebody send me a link. I'll be all chicken skinned. Ah...maybe not. :)

Lion's Head, Canada
Level Contributor
466 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whales and the New Year

Caddy, perhaps you can't find the thread, because it has been closed due to "Off-Topic Chatter".....?

Is it possible that this is not only happening to threads that YOU start, but also to ones that you are merely mentioned in?

Speaking of Whales, is it possible, Caddy, that you are becoming somewhat of a "Jonah" on the TA Forums?

(Now to get this back ON- topic, with the PGA golf tournament on Maui this weekend, will the whales breaching off Kapalua be wearing golf caps, or visors?)

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,016 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Whales and the New Year

If it was closed because of off topic chatter, it would still be there. It's been totally deleted, I've just spent my time away from the football game to look for it!!

Kanunu, that would be visor.