We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to the island for a babymoon help!

2 posts
Save Topic
First trip to the island for a babymoon help!

Can someone please help me? My husband and I are planning a small trip mid march and we have never been to any part I Hawaii. I will be about 15 weeks pregnant and so we want to rent a condo and have a relaxing beach filled four or five days. I want to stay under a grand. Which islands and airport are least expensive ? What are money saving tips you have? Lanai , Maui wikki beach areas seem less tourist visited more low key! Plus Ive read of Costco and Safeway food markets are close and I can cook. I did want to plan a day trip to see volcanos and bubba gump shrimp lol. Thank u

2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to the island for a babymoon help!

Sorry we are leaving from Chicago

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,226 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip to the island for a babymoon help!

$1000? What does that cover? How long will you stay?

If you want to see an active volcano you have to go to the Big Island. Note that there's no guarantee of seeing live lava. Maui has Haleakala, a dormant volcano that is well worth seeing. The volcanoes on O`ahu and Kaua`i are extinct but beautiful. A day trip to the Big Island will be $$$.

Maui is the most expensive island, O`ahu probably the least, as it has so many lodging choices. Kaua`i can be done inexpensively. Lana`i is quite expensive.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to the island for a babymoon help!

Consider Oahu.

Investigate VRBO and Home Away.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Good Luck!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,499 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First trip to the island for a babymoon help!

You are coming all the way from Chicago for just a 4 or 5 day trip with a thousand bucks!! Good luck!! Waikiki is on the island of Oahu, not Maui. Maui and Lanai will be the most expensive. Your best bet at finding anything at this late date for March would be Oahu or Kauai. Oahu being the least expensive.

5. Re: First trip to the island for a babymoon help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2013, 10:33