We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

time to allow for flights... sorry

Lakelady2451
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Topic
time to allow for flights... sorry

I know this has been asked a million times, but I couldn't find it in the search.. so I'm apologizing in advance.. : )

How much time do I need to allow on Hawaiian Air from maui to catch my flight in HNL to mainland. Is 1.5 hr enough... seems to me Like I'd be cutting it too close.

Thanks... Sharon

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: time to allow for flights... sorry

1.5 is plenty of time assuming you are flying domestic and not internationally.

Edited: 02 March 2012, 20:29
Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,654 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: time to allow for flights... sorry

That should be fine, but check with Hawaiian. They are the slowpokes getting luggage transferred.

Lakelady2451
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: time to allow for flights... sorry

Thank you.. Yes I"m flying domestic. What did concern me is the two different airlines.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,416 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: time to allow for flights... sorry

Assuming you have your boarding pass printed (thereby avoiding the ticket counter and the need to pass through security again at HNL).....

And your luggage is checked through from Maui (make sure to tell the agent at OGG of your final destination),

You will have more than enough time for a cocktail(s) and quick nosh in 1.5 hours.

Edited: 03 March 2012, 02:03
Lakelady2451
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: time to allow for flights... sorry

Hmmmm, Gosh, I haven't done this in so long.. so do you mean I can ck my luggage in OGG with HA and get it to go straight through when I'm flying AA to the mainland? I'd really like time for that cocktail ; )

Thank You. Sharon

Edited: 03 March 2012, 04:27
Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: time to allow for flights... sorry

Take your itinerary from AA with you to check in at Hawaiian and your luggage will be checked all the way through.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,654 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: time to allow for flights... sorry

Yes, show HA your AA info. Watch them tag your luggage. It should be tagged for your final destination. They *should* also print your AA boarding pass -- but they wouldn't do ours for AA Monday. DH had to line up at the gate at HNL to get the AA pass. (Not a big deal, but a first for us.)

Try the Dewar's bar out at the beginning of the concourse to the AA gate. It's quieter than the ratty place in the front of the terminal next to the food court.

8. Re: time to allow for flights... sorry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2013, 10:22