We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaunakakai Molokai or Princeville

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kaunakakai Molokai or Princeville

I have a vacation voucher where I can choose the destination Kaunakakai Molokai or Princeville

I have never been to Hawaii and have no idea what the better choice would be??

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,536 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaunakakai Molokai or Princeville

When would you be going? Solo, couple or family? While I would love to go to Molokai someday, it is usually not an island for a first time visitor to the islands. How about you tell us a bit more about what you hope to see and do on this first trip to Hawaii. :)

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaunakakai Molokai or Princeville

Two VERY different places. Moloka'i has one hotel with mixed reviews (not sure where your voucher puts you up) and is an island with few tourists. As coalminer says above, most tourists don't ever make it to the island. There are few restaurants, limited shopping and generally just not what tourists are looking for. On the other hand, it has a rich hawaiian history and if you want to just relax, it may be ok.

Kaua'i is an absolutely gorgeous island with much to do. It still has fewer tourists than Maui and certainly O'ahu, but has a wider variety of restaurants, beaches and recreational activities. My vote strongly goes to Kaua'i.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,955 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaunakakai Molokai or Princeville

Here's another vote for Princeville, Kauai for a first timer.

4. Re: Kaunakakai Molokai or Princeville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 19:16