We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Wow

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Wow

Underwhelming.

Looks like a rushed view of a traveler's pictures just like many, many other sites, except that they don't rush, and they are full screen. The Wow presentations quickly acquire a sense of same old pics set to Hawaiian music.

Maybe video would be better for this approach. But then there is YouTube. Who wants their hard work tied to Trip ADdvisor?.

Edited: 17 February 2013, 22:49
Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,975 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Wow

Thanks, Rocky Top, I have watched a lot of these and find the sort of "artsy-smartsy", circular and bouncy effects very hard to watch. Would rather watch the just straight slide shows on sites like Shutterfly.

California
Level Contributor
9,314 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Wow

I agree; I'd much rather watch a slide show from Shutterfly. I don't think Trip Wow does justice to what otherwise might be some great pictures.

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Wow

Just to be clear. No rap on the photo people have displayed. I just don't think the medium does them justice. I really don't want my stuff tied up in a TA app.

4. Re: Trip Wow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 05:17