We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to see and where to stay with an almost 5 year old

New York, United...
1 post
Save Topic
What to see and where to stay with an almost 5 year old

Hi! My boyfriend, daughter and I will be going to Hawaii in April for 20 days. We land in Kona and depart from Kahului.

Here are my questions:

1. My daughter will be turning 5 over the summer, will she be able to go to the kid camps at the hotels? For the most part, we want to do activities with her, but there are a few that she wouldn't enjoy or just can't do. She is also super social and will miss playing with other kids.

2. With 20 days, is there enough time to fit in a 3rd island -- we were thinking of a few days in lanai.

3. We want to go all out for a few nights, which island would you choose to do this and where would you stay?

4. What are the best activities for an almost 5 year old? She is very social and has been practicing the hula since I told her we're going so a luaus for sure! She also likes water and animals.

5. Is it possible to do a day trip to molokai? I would love to do the mule ride. Obviously not for my daughter.

Thank you for the time and input!

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to see and where to stay with an almost 5 year old

On Maui try the Maui Ocean Center; it's a great place. A litlte smaller than other aquariums out there, but really nice.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,348 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to see and where to stay with an almost 5 year old

A good rule of thumb is one week per island, more for the Big Island. Are you good with renting/driving a car? What is your nightly budget? What activities do you all enjoy? A few more details would help greatly. Thanks! :)

3. Re: What to see and where to stay with an almost 5 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 05:17