We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to buy plane tickets

Save Topic
When to buy plane tickets

Me and some of my family are traveling to Hawaii in July to visit my brother in law who is stationed there. We have been constantly checking prices, but they seem a little high. Do y'all think they will go down anytime soon? We're flying from Tennessee by the way.

California
Level Contributor
6,471 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to buy plane tickets

At this point it will only get higher. This is prime time for people making summer plans to Hawaii do there's no reason for the airlines to drop prices. If you have the time and patience check into getting a cheap Southwest flight to Oakland and take Alaska Airlines from there. West coast is pretty much the only place you can find cheap flights to Hawaii and Alaska almost always has the best price.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,686 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to buy plane tickets

I would check daily for a couple of weeks and maybe sign up for a site that alerts you of fare sales. They do tend to fluctuate. However it's not likely you'll see a big drop, but you may save $50/ticket or so by watching for a while and seeing what the lowest rate is.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,116 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to buy plane tickets

Always check in the middle of the week. I would buy them soon. I am currently buying for October.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,573 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to buy plane tickets

I have found it is cheaper to fly on Thurs. to and from, best advise is to pick a price you can live with. Book it and never look back! August prices are not gong down~

5. Re: When to buy plane tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 06:17