We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui - Thoughts on itinerary / Suggestions for open days

6 posts
Save Topic
Maui - Thoughts on itinerary / Suggestions for open days

Hello!

My wife and I will be visiting Hawaii for our anniversary. It's our first time there and we have ~7 days to spend. We would love your thoughts on our itinerary as well as suggestions for our few open days.

Friday Night: Fly into Maui / We are staying at a resort in Wailea

Saturday: Road to Hana OR Relax on the beach, explore Wailea

Sunday: Hiking to Haleakala Crater for sunrise, Relax on beach in the afternoon

Monday: Kayaking/Snorkeling in the morning, Maybe ziplining in the afternoon

Tuesday: Relax on the beach OR Road to Hana

Wednesday: Check out of hotel and OPEN

Thursday: OPEN

Friday: OPEN

Saturday: Fly back out of Honolulu

Some background info on us to help with your suggestions: We're both fairly young (less than 30), love the beach, we have recently started liking hiking. I sadly cannot swim, but I'm not very afraid of water. We're both vegetarian. We don't mind a mix of adventure (hiking, ziplining, etc) or more traditional (chill on the beach, walk around).

Questions for you:

1) Should we stay in Maui for Wed/Thu/Fri, or explore another island?

2) If another island - what would you recommend between Kuaui and Hawaii? Suggested things to see/do?

3) If we extend our stay in Maui Wed/Thu/Fri, suggestions for what else we could see/do?

And before anyone asks, yes the return flight is from Honolulu, and no we can't change it :)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!!

6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui - Thoughts on itinerary / Suggestions for open days

Oh and any restaurant suggestions would also be great!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui - Thoughts on itinerary / Suggestions for open days

I would recommend one island as 7 days is enough to scratch the surface. Weather may help you decide on some days what to do but your itinerary seems to indicate you don't mind going with the flow. Venture up to Lahaina for a day to stroll around meet the most beautiful Banyan Tree in the world as it celebrates 140 years I believe. If you eat fish...great Ceviche up (second floor) at Captain Jacks for a nice lunch right at the Square across from the banyan tree. Lahaina is very different than Wailea. You might even consider spending the remainer of your trip up in West Maui for a different experience. Restaurants....we like Ma'la Ocean Tavern in Lahaina and for fun Maui Brewing. Can't say I have any suggestions for the Wailea area but other will.

Edited: 25 April 2013, 17:01
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,843 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui - Thoughts on itinerary / Suggestions for open days

You have posted on the generic State of Hawaii Forum. If you want more responses by the "Maui Gang," re-post on the Island of Maui Forum.

6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui - Thoughts on itinerary / Suggestions for open days

Thanks BLBL, I will x-post there as well!

Zubsin, thanks for the feedback!

5. Re: Maui - Thoughts on itinerary / Suggestions for open days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 05:18