We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping question ... Factory outlets ??

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping question ... Factory outlets ??

Help... Not sure what is better and if I should waste my time in driving to the factory outlets or just go local to Ala Moana Shopping Centre?

Anyone been to both? Is it worth my while are their good outlet shops??

Any suggestions will help. Thanks :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping question ... Factory outlets ??

We were there a few months ago, went to both.

Factory outlet was best for shoes.

Al Moana for most other things, give DFS a go also, do your research.

Good luck and happy shopping.

John.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping question ... Factory outlets ??

I would focus on the Ala Moana (shopping) Center and Ward Center. It there is a special "brand" you are looking for ... and the they have store in the outlet mall ... then "maybe" a trip there would be worth it. But keep in mind that the department stores at the Ala Moana will carry the brands available at the outlet stores - often on sale as well.

I love outlet stores - but the outlet store mall on Oahu is very, very small compared to the Mainland USA. For me, it would not be worth the time and trouble.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping question ... Factory outlets ??

Oh, and you should really re-post this question on the Oahu Forum. You're on the generic State of Hawaii Forum - where most post are non-specific to one Island.

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,301 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping question ... Factory outlets ??

I LOVE outlet shopping wherever we go! But we usually don't make a special trip there, especially if it's out of the way, or far away, or not convenient, etc. We've been meaning to go check it out one day when we also go to the swap meet or something else on that part of the island.

Yes, you'll probably find a lot of the same things at Ala Moana Mall, but in most cases, Ala Moana will only be cheaper IF they're having some kind of sale at the time. If you can find some kind of sale going on, sometimes the deals are even better than an outlet mall.

5. Re: Shopping question ... Factory outlets ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 06:17