We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to hawaii

Weymouth...
5 posts
Save Topic
trip to hawaii

my wyfe and myself would like to take a crouse on the norwegian line.has anyone taken this crouse in the past ? can you let me Know about the experiance whit this crouse liner.Tany you

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,654 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to hawaii

Most of the regulars on this forum think visitors have a better experience of Hawaii by staying on land, but the cruise does allow you to see some highlights of three islands in only one week. It isn't a deluxe ship or cruise, but is OK. Many people rent cars at some ports to sightsee instead of taking every expensive ship's tour.

If you have at least ten nights in Hawaii, you could stay on two different islands.

The only place you can do without a rental car is within Honolulu. If you don't drive, the cruise may be a good idea.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,614 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to hawaii

I'm in the "don't cruise" camp. It's too hit-and-run to get any real experience of Hawai`i. Better to choose an island (or more, depending on how much time you have) and settle in a bit. As noted, whether or not you will rent a car has a bearing on your selection..

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to hawaii

You can check out "cruise critic" for more reviews about that. They're are lots a opinions about it. Some people like it, some don't. One of the biggest differences, is for people that have cruised on other lines, this one isn't the experience that they're used to. But it works for some folks,, read up on the info to see if it's something you'd like.

4. Re: trip to hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:18