We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews for Pride of America cruise

Atlanta,Georgia
Level Contributor
50 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews for Pride of America cruise

Any reviews out there for NCL Pride of America Hawaii cruise?

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,955 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews for Pride of America cruise

Look under Cruise Critic. You should find many.

Edited: 01 August 2013, 19:48
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,023 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews for Pride of America cruise

TA doesn't do reviews of multi day tours.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,318 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews for Pride of America cruise

Yes, DL - I'd say we get questions about the NCL cruise or involving the NCL cruise at least once a week. Was there something specific you wanted to know? In general, most of us think that it's a terrible way to see and experience Hawaii.

I could go on ... I mean, if you have already paid for the cruise, I tend to try to be nice about it and not ruin your expectations. Do you need more detail? Specifics?

Cruise Critic is generally folks who love cruising - often for the sake of cruising. If you want to know about Hawaii and the cruises here - you have come to the right place.

Edited: 01 August 2013, 19:54
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
417 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews for Pride of America cruise

I've done it and really enjoyed it as a way to see the other islands in a week. You'll get the best advice on Cruise Critic though.. Under the Hawaii board.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,206 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviews for Pride of America cruise

Cruising seems a lot like Scotch....either you LOVE it or you HATE it. We're in the latter group...biggest waste of money ever and that was just a 4 night Mexico trip. Lots of info on Cruise Critic though.

3Chihuahuas

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,318 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviews for Pride of America cruise

Again, DL - I have taken the NCL cruise and would be happy to share with you. Any specific questions?

3Chi ... try an Alaskan cruise ...

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,953 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Reviews for Pride of America cruise

This is one of the best Hawaii cruise trip reports I've seen:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k224167…

Most of the info on the daily blogs is on their day trips & not much on the cruise ship.

Atlanta,Georgia
Level Contributor
50 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reviews for Pride of America cruise

We went on NCL Hawaiian cruise back when you had to go to Fanning Island. It appears it is better now with overnight stays in 2 ports. I had also thought of staying on 2 different islands for 5 days each, but unsure which islands would be best. I thought another cruise might help me decide which ones for a future stay. Do you know the approximate cost of flying island to island?

Thanks

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,656 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reviews for Pride of America cruise

Figure about 175-190 per person roundtrip interisland. The cruise isn't spectacular, but it is a great option to avoid airports, TSA, checking in and out, etc etc etc.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,318 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reviews for Pride of America cruise

You may find NCL cruises considerably more expensive. There is only one ship now, not three ... and still have no real competition.

Count your days, not your nights. With ten nights, you could see two Islands and settle in and enjoy. It's a common approach - works like a charm.

Bottom line is ... you don't need a cruise. You've done that.

Choosing an Island is always tough because you have such great alternatives. But taking another cruise will simply rob you of time on the Islands ... as you are stuck on the ship so much ... restricted by their schedule, eating institutional food, hanging in close quarters with 2,000 other people, standing in lines. No freedom to do as you please.

I agree with SW's estimations of interisland flight costs. If you can fly directly to your first Island and home from your last Island - it can cut down on the interisland flight costs. It's not always doable - but worth a try.

If you need more help with the Islands - please tell us ...

When do you plan to come? What month?

What do you like to do?

Who is "we?" Spouse? Kids? Friends?

Again, you don't need to cruise again ...