We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaii trip in Nov - how do we buy college football tickets?

Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaii trip in Nov - how do we buy college football tickets?

Hi

We are an Australian family of 4 spending 12 days in Hawaii in November. My husband and son would love to see a game of college football. I have looked up the Hawaii Warriors website and see that they are playing at home on Nov 16, but can't work out how to buy tickets for that game (appears to be season tickets only). Can anyone help me please?

Thanks!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,893 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaii trip in Nov - how do we buy college football tickets?

You are staying on Oahu, yes? Then re-post on the Oahu Forum. You will receive more responses.

You are on the generic State of Hawaii Forum, used primarily by those who don't have Island-specific questions.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,396 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaii trip in Nov - how do we buy college football tickets?

Individual ticket sales for specific UH football home games go on sale August 12....

See:

hawaiiathletics.com/sports/…

Don't worry, small chance it will sell out.

It's not a major opponent, UH won't be that great ths year, and they rarely sell-out anymore.

But, it should be a fun time, it's "Retro Night", when the fans will dress up like they did in the 70's.

I think I still got my bell bottoms, platform shoes and powder blue leisure suit jacket somewhere.

Edited: 03 August 2013, 01:40
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,692 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaii trip in Nov - how do we buy college football tickets?

What about all the gold chains, Amberloo?!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,392 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaii trip in Nov - how do we buy college football tickets?

You won't have any problem buying tickets at the box office at Aloha Stadium the day of the game. Have fun!!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,396 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaii trip in Nov - how do we buy college football tickets?

I was never into the "Mr. T-look", SW....

But I did wear puka shells occasionally.

And I had the most killer collection of bow ties since Orville Redenbacher.

Edited: 03 August 2013, 02:20
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,692 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawaii trip in Nov - how do we buy college football tickets?

I can loan you a really old puka necklace if you need one, LOL. Bow ties.........oh, that hurts my eyes to think of!

Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawaii trip in Nov - how do we buy college football tickets?

Thanks for all that info, looking forward to it! Also, are there any particular seats that I should aim for if we get a choice (not too expensive though)?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,519 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawaii trip in Nov - how do we buy college football tickets?

"You won't have any problem buying tickets at the box office at Aloha Stadium the day of the game."

My thoughts also!

Give yourself an extra 15 minutes or so for the line.

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
503 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hawaii trip in Nov - how do we buy college football tickets?

Try to get as close to the 50 yard as possible (that is midfield). Do not get seats on the low rows near the field because you won't be able to see the plays develop. Like others have said, getting tickets won't be a problem. A friend of mine who lives in Honolulu & follows Warrior sports told me the other day that ticket sales are pretty poor this year. I just read that the Head Coach just fired his offensive coordinator with only a month to go until the season starts - this is NOT a good sign for the Warriors.

It won't be like the big time college football most people think of (like Alabama, Oregon, Ohio St, Notre Dame, etc) but it will still be fun. I am going to be on Oahu in September and was a little bummed to see that the Warriors would not be playing at home while we are there.

Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hawaii trip in Nov - how do we buy college football tickets?

Thanks Edistotiger, that's great info, we are looking forward to the game.