We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location to watch the sunrise from east Maui

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best location to watch the sunrise from east Maui

Im staying in Hana for two nights and I want the opportunity to photograph the sunrise. I saw a gorgeous photo of the sunrise over the Venus pools but I believe that area is off limits to the public. Someone mentioned Fagan's cross which I will check out but since I have two sunrises are there any other suggestions?

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
51,301 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best location to watch the sunrise from east Maui

Go past Oheo Gulch, and pull over near Lindbergh's grave........walk out towards the ocean, from there you will get some great angles and different viewpoints.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,606 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best location to watch the sunrise from east Maui

Just make sure you locate your spot the evening before...otherwise you might miss the sunrise driving around looking for a spot!

3. Re: Best location to watch the sunrise from east Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 05:18