We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with a 1 & 2 year old; where should we stay?

WindyCity
Level Contributor
67 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling with a 1 & 2 year old; where should we stay?

Hi, We are hoping to travel to Hawaii in November and looking for recommendations of where we could stay.Initially we thought Maui but now not so sure. We have two kids, aged one and two. We definitely want/need a kitchen and ideally a two bed (although one bed suite would work if there's a sofa bed). We want to be beside the beach and want somewhere with a kid-friendly pool (one they can paddle in). We usually don't go for overdeveloped areas, prefer somewhere that is low-key and can walk to one or two restaurants. We don't want to pay more than $350 per night. If you have any recommendations we would really appreciate it! Many thanks in advance.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,931 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with a 1 & 2 year old; where should we stay?

Maui could work, but I think Kauai may suit you well - it is a quieter, more rural island and you could find what you are looking for that time if year in the Poipu area - they even have an area called Baby beach which would suit your family well. :)

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with a 1 & 2 year old; where should we stay?

South Maui has many nice low-rise, low-density condo complexes on gentle beaches. I like this site because the condos have been vetted for quality: www.mauiownercondos.com Also try vrbo.com for Wailea, South Kihei, Napili and Kapalua -- last two in West Maui.

Reserve your rental car now.

WindyCity
Level Contributor
67 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling with a 1 & 2 year old; where should we stay?

Many thanks for your help! I will let you know what we decide!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,048 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling with a 1 & 2 year old; where should we stay?

I really hope you are not looking at Thanksgiving week! Many condos book out a year ahead, and you need a condo! There are "baby beaches" on nearly every island. Maui has them on both West and South shores.

Include www.chasenrainbows.com in your search

5. Re: Traveling with a 1 & 2 year old; where should we stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 06:22