Dear experts! Please help to plan the perfect first time vacation to Hawaii for two adults. Here are the requirements so far:
- 2 weeks in December (first half of the months is ok), maybe can begin the trip before/on Thanksgiving
- 2 or 3 islands max? I don't want to go crazy to see everything in one trip
- great beach, volcano/s, some other "classic" Hawaii attractions (we are not big on surfing or snorkeling)
- I know that this trip is not going to be cheap, so... I want to do it right, make the money worth and all year of hard work to pay off. We are not looking to stay in Ritz of course, but want to stay in decent places.
- We don't need any shopping or other "main land" activities
So far I am considering Big Island and Mau'i. Cannot wait for your suggestions!