We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid friendly Hawaii 2015

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Kid friendly Hawaii 2015

Hi, I wonder if you Hawaii experts out there can help me. We are a British family looking to spend a week in Hawaii at Easter 2015, after spending the prior week in Orlando, doing the 'Disney thing'.

Even though the aim of Hawaii is to chill out after a hectic week I want to be sure we choose a location that the kids (age 12, 8, 6) will find enough to keep them occupied (beach, surfing, other kids to make friends with). I have never been to Hawaii and would really like some advice on where would be the best location for us. We are a blank canvas so all suggestions are welcome.

Edited: 15 September 2013, 11:23
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,234 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid friendly Hawaii 2015

Take a look under Top Questions on this forum and read the Summary of Each Island for a quick overview of what each has to offer. Do you want urban activity, rural, or somewhere in between? Will you rent a car? That's paramount because other than in the city of Honolulu the public transport isn't all that great. Do you want a hotel, condo or cottage? You should probably make decisions quickly, as Easter week is very popular here.

I think most of Hawai`i is pretty kid-friendly.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,329 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid friendly Hawaii 2015

Any island can meet the needs you've listed. Read up on the islands and ask questions about them on the individual island forums. Look carefully at the weather and ocean conditions you might expect in the different areas during your travel time

When you decide on an island, I would recommend that with 3 kids you look into condos. You will have the most options for space, price, proximity to beaches and activities with condos in most areas. You can rent directly from the owners on sites like vrbo.com or from agencies. Or you can book more like a hotel, with better cancellation policies, though often higher prices, directly through many of the condo resorts. Lots of those are managed by Outrigger or Aston, but there are many others. Most units will be individually owned and the decor and updating can vary greatly from unit to unit. Renting a specific unit from the owner or agency will allow you to choose your exact location and see photos of your interior and views. There are pros and cons to both ways. Depends on your needs.

Do a bit more research and when you have some more specific questions or options to choose from, come back and ask on the island forum. People love to help. Our Hawai'i trips have been awesome since getting help from the nice folks on TA forums!

3. Re: Kid friendly Hawaii 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 05:17