We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great experience with United Airlines

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
908 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Great experience with United Airlines

We always book our airline tickets for Christmas to Hawaii in either March/April/May. We booked with United because DH had enough FF miles for 1 roundtrip ticket. We also purchased Economy Plus seats as well. For the past 6 months, there have been some changes in departure and arrival times, nothing significant until this last change which got us into Maui from SFO at 8:57pm – just a little later than the original time of 5:15pm. The original ticket was CLE-SFO-OGG. Last night, DH called United, we asked for the following: CLE-LAX-OGG, LAX to Maui arriving at 5:15pm. Not only were we able to get the flights (no change fee due to United initiating the change in schedule), but because the Economy Plus tickets into SFO were more expensive than LAX, United refunded the original purchase of the seats, and rebooked the Economy Plus seats at the lower price which saved us over $100. I am pleasantly surprised with the wonderful customer service we had, and I wanted to pass it along. Can hardly wait – less than 90 days! Aloha!!!

Edited: 16 September 2013, 13:48
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great experience with United Airlines

Nice to hear a positive report -- people are quick to post the negative ones. Are you saying Christmas is that close?? Yikes! :) Enjoy looking forward to your trip.

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
908 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great experience with United Airlines

I guess I didn't think of Christmas coming so close. We leave on Dec 14. However, I am sure many people are already shopping :o) Saw Christmas Trees in some stores yesterday!

3. Re: Great experience with United Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 06:22