We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another shark attack in Kauai today...scary

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Another shark attack in Kauai today...scary

....fortunately this young man survived and wasn't injured and he actually fought back. Perhaps that really did save him. The tiger shark took a nice bite off of his surf board though. Here's the article:

foxnews.com/us/…

Edited: 24 October 2013, 03:50
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,836 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another shark attack in Kauai today...scary

Hmmm, did anyone else see the shark or attack? Call me a skeptic, but that ain't the bite radius of a 12 foot tiger.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another shark attack in Kauai today...scary

i do not think the article mentioned what kind of shark it was....

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Another shark attack in Kauai today...scary

Sorry - I had read another article on Daily Mail where it mentioned that this was a tiger shark. Here's the Daily Mail article:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2473200/Hawaii-…

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another shark attack in Kauai today...scary

think that story got shadowed by the plane landing on Piilani Highway. the plane is still on Kapuna and can be accessed from the highway. construction on the lower road with a detour. lots of tourists snapping photo's.

another supposed attack off Kahului today. didn't look so bad but they shut the area off.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,776 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Another shark attack in Kauai today...scary

I was on that plane. I was able to go down the stairs...but dang the paparazzi was bad...taking pictures and such! Kai Khem knows what i mean.

I was in no immediate danger of a shark. WHEW!

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another shark attack in Kauai today...scary

ゅゆゅゆ゜゛ゅ glad ur safe caddy. got a pm and he told me "I'm Alright"

think i gave the wrong street, its next to the Wailea fire station with an officer on site and coned off about 20 feet back. free viewing to the public for now. FYI Sharkie's won't be re opening and since I'm here off topic again something new will open at the Waterfront location in Maalaea in about 6 weeks. think its called Sal-tin-boca. Italian sharks be careful.

7. Re: Another shark attack in Kauai today...scary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 05:19