We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you really swim for a long time with an aquapac?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
197 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Can you really swim for a long time with an aquapac?

Hello everybody,

at all my other vacations I just took some cash to the beach and put it in the bag and hide the rest in the hotelroom. But I've been reading a lot about things getting stolen and in Hawaii it might be that you'll be out for most of the day so it would be easier to bring a CC. Would it be safer to bring your CC on your way or hide it? And if you need to take it. I've read about the aquapac on this forum but I don't really read experiences about taking long swims and how save it is.

Is the aquapac really save? And when you open it isn't there still water leaking in the bag? Im so affraid that it would be leaking and that the CC wont work anymore and I will be without money on the other side of the world...

Northern California...
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you really swim for a long time with an aquapac?

I've used various Aquapacs while surfing & snorkling for 2+ hours. They do work very well. Before you open it, you need to completely wipe off the hard plastic closures or any water still on them can drip into the bag. If you are bringing a credit card, you have even less to worry about. The US credit card system still uses the magnetic strip on the cards (or enters the numbers manually if the strip does not work) so even if the card got wet, it will still function during your trip - just wipe it off. I don't know how well the chip cards will withstand salt water though. You may end up going home and needing a new card there if you get salt water on the chip.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you really swim for a long time with an aquapac?

but you never had any problems with leaking?

Northern California...
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you really swim for a long time with an aquapac?

none. So long as you go with one of the better brands you will be fine. The cheaper ones like you find in ABC or the grocery stores leak.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you really swim for a long time with an aquapac?

I found this one online reisartikelen.nl/p111-aquapac-keymaster.html

I live in the Netherlands but it seems that this is a good one?

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,299 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you really swim for a long time with an aquapac?

Our Aquapac Keymasters are about 10 years old and still work just fine. Never a leak. MUCH better than the plastic boxes sold at some places.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,684 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you really swim for a long time with an aquapac?

Aloha,

I've washed my credit cards before. They survived.

I wouldn't worry about leaving my CC locked in the room safe.

Aloha

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you really swim for a long time with an aquapac?

Yes, our Aquapac key masters worked great! No leaking! We used them snorkeling/ swimming every day for hours at a time and they work great. Just take a few bucks cash your rental car key and maybe a credit card and put in the Keymaster (which my husband hooks inside pocket in his swim trunks) and you should be good to go!

8. Re: Can you really swim for a long time with an aquapac?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 04:19