We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise info

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise info

Hi my wife and myself are on an Hawaii cruise on the Grand Princess in March can anyone tell me if tenders are used at any of the 5 ports of call, also I am looking at trips does anyone know if I can expect to find taxis outside the dock area that I can hire to see some of the islands without using ship excurtions maybe suggest a land based company with a good record cheers and thankyou Bob G

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,065 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise info

You might want to hop on www.cruisecritic.com . It's a sister site to TA focusing on cruises.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,145 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise info

Bob ... you should tell us what your ports of call are. Lahaina on Maui and Kona on the Big Island are tendered. Honolulu on Oahu, Lihue/Nawiliwili on Kauai, Kahului on Maui and Hilo on the Big Island - the ship docks.

Yes, there are taxis at the docks and sometimes excursions you can pick up without reservations. Again, if you want recommendations on land-based companies, you need to tell us where you are going.

Although you may not want to use the ships excursions ... take a good look at them anyway for ideas.

And feel free to come back to us with more questions as you dig deeper. I find Cruise Critic more difficult to navigate than TripAdvisor, and we have a better knowledge of the Islands.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise info

Hi BLBL WE are calling at Hilo Kauai Honalulu and Maul in Hawaii and Ensenada in Mexico ,my wife will not go on a tender so I need to know we are sailing out of San Fran we have one full day there thankyou Bob

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise info

Hello PZP thankyou for that I will have a look cheers Bob

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise info

Which port in Maui? As BLBL said, Lahaina is tendered but Kahului is docked.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,145 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise info

There are two ports on Maui ... which are you using?

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise info

Hello BLBL many thanks for info I think we will play it by ear take plenty of $ and be happy with holiday in Hawaii .I do not know which port in Maul but what ever it will be ok again many thanks Bob

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise info

Thanks almostgrownup we now know what to expect cheers Bob

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,184 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise info

I have had a quick look at Princess cruises website and your cruise itinerary has a port call in Lahaina, so it'd be tendered. Cheers

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cruise info

Hi js4rg I tried E Mailing Princess and it bounced so thankyou for that cheers Bob