We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaii Help Please!!!

Long Beach...
1 post
Save Topic
Hawaii Help Please!!!

Hi! My boyfriend and I are young college students who have worked super hard to save for a trip to Hawaii - trying to plan it though has been really overwhelming as there are so many options!

I was wondering if I could get some help on which island to choose. We're not looking to stay at a resort (probably more like an airbnb situation) or anything super fancy.

The top three things we are looking to do are:

1) Hike to a waterfall

2) see sea turtles!

3) a bit of snorkeling or kayaking

We would also prefer (as everyone else) as close to a beach as possible.

Any suggestions on what island to stay at? What hikes to do?

Help would be truly appreciated :)

We've worked so hard and saved our pennies for so long, I want to make sure we can get to as many as things on our dream list as we can.

Thank you in advance!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,366 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaii Help Please!!!

You can do everything on your list except kayaking (river) is only on Kaua`i. We need more info from you. When are you traveling? What's your budget? Will you be able to rent a car? (This is important. You need one anywhere other than the city of Honolulu.)

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,688 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaii Help Please!!!

Welcome to Trip Advisor!

On the right hand side of this page, very top, in blue letters, you will see Top Questions. The very first one is a summary of the islands. Have a read through that and see what you think. Another option is to get to your public library and get some travel books about Hawaii. Fodor's, Frommer's, and Lonely Planet are some examples.

And just start reading. See which one you like (they are all wonderful, and all so different).

Answer pzp's questions, and also, how many nights/days will you be able to spend on this holiday?

3. Re: Hawaii Help Please!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 07:17