We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska Airlines to Hawaii

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
80 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Alaska Airlines to Hawaii

Anyone ever fly them to the Islands? Do they have decentr service?

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alaska Airlines to Hawaii

They are our best option flying from Alaska. Fly them multiple times a year and no real complaints. I do feel like a trapped animal on their one aisle planes, with very little room to move, on a five and a half to six hour flight to Maui. But I will do whatever it takes to get to Hawaii.....lol! Not sure the size plane you would fly......Deb

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,171 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alaska Airlines to Hawaii

Yes . . . for many of us Alaskan residents, it is often our only choice, but they do have a good mileage plan - and their best deal is the once a year companion fare you can use when you have one of their credit cards. I have used Alaska to fly to Hawaii, Mexico and many destinations through out the USA. :)

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alaska Airlines to Hawaii

Yeah, Alaska's entire fleet is 737's I think. We loved them when, using the companion fare, two travelers could fly first class for little more than the cost of two coach tickets. But they don't allow that anymore, so now we use them because they're the best deal out there for us. If Hawaiian offered a similar companion fare deal, I'd be all over that.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alaska Airlines to Hawaii

I would fly Hawaiian without thinking twice, if I had the opportunity! I love their plane configuration with three seats on the right and two seats on the left! My husband is so impressed that I always remember to book the left side when flying between islands. The competition would be awesome if Hawaiian would only expand to Alaska.......we would fill those planes easy! And reserve a digiplayer if you care because they always run out towards the middle of the plane or have players that are broke! We find music or reading is our best bet! Deb

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alaska Airlines to Hawaii

I fly Alaska most of the time now since Hawaiian cut back flights from Portland and only flies nonstop to Oahu. Alaska has nonstops from PDX to all four major islands.

I usually use the annual companion fare to buy a vacant middle seat between me and my travel partner.

Not as good as first class, but certainly the extra room makes that long flight more tolerable.

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
6. Re: Alaska Airlines to Hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 06:18