We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel resort fee.

cheshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel resort fee.

Hi,

Don't know if anyone can help with this. We stayed in the Hilton Waikiki Beach last June for 8 days and were not charged any resort fees. Looking to return again this June, can't find anywhere on Hiltons website about resort fees but have read a couple of reviews stating these fees were not charged. The travel agents don't seem to know either with one stating it's included in the price and another saying 'they'll tell you when you get there'. As this can push the price up considerably we may need to think if we can afford to go at all. I have looked on the list of hotels on the FAQ's on here but this hotel is not listed. Need to make a decision and get booking.

Thanks in advance.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel resort fee.

A resort fee will NOT be included in the charge. It will be extra, just like the taxes. Best thing for you to do is call them and talk to someone "in the know". Or, perhaps someone who has stayed there recently will chime in!!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,026 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel resort fee.

The list on this link has been fairly accurate for the past few years.

Generally, if the hotel is not on the list, they do not have a resort fee.

travel-hawaii.com/hawaiiresortfees.html

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
908 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel resort fee.

Found this information on their website:

…hilton.com/en/…policies.html

Looks like it is $30 per night. When you click on your dates, it will bring up what rooms are available, and at the top there is a disclaimer about resort fees.

cheshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel resort fee.

Thank you all for your replies, very informative. I emailed Hilton direct to ask the question. Have received a mail sweep with the promise of a further email to follow. Susie 6505 just checked on this link. It's for Hilton Hawaiian village and you're right it does state clearly there is a resort fee. We are looking to stay at Hilton Waikiki Beach, so entered our dates and it did not show the disclaimer above the price. No mention of it at all so I'm hoping that they still don't charge. Had a travel agent from one of the very well known companies call me today saying she was unable to confirm whether this hotel do charge but they had included it in our quote! How can you include something that doesn't exist?

I will of course post on here if Hilton do reply, it may be of use to others looking to book with them.

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
908 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel resort fee.

Sorry about that!

I didn't see a resort fee for the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel. They do charge for in-room internet $10.95 a day unless you are HHonors Gold/Diamond level, and the only parking is Valet $25.00 a day.

I am going to say that they do not charge a resort fee, but may "fee" you to death ;o)

We used to stay at the Hilton Waikoloa Village on the Big Island (using points) and they did not used to charge a resort, but I think a couple of years ago, they started to. The charge is $25.00 a day and is clearly stated under "Hotel Details".

cheshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel resort fee.

Quick update. I have just received a reply from the manager of the Hilton Waikiki Beach confirming that they do not charge a resort fee. This is very good news and I shall be booking my holiday tomorrow. Hope this info is useful to anyone else looking to book this hotel. Thanks again for all the replies. Aloha.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,905 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel resort fee.

Hope they don't call it something else! (Should be called a Guest Gouge or they should just add it into the charge.)

Edited: 29 January 2014, 02:35
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,026 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel resort fee.

"They do charge for in-room internet $10.95 a day unless you are HHonors Gold/Diamond level, and the only parking is Valet $25.00 a day."

Or park at Aston Waikiki Banyan for $15/day. It is right across the street.

cheshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel resort fee.

All booked for 9 nights in June. Can't wait.

10. Re: Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel resort fee.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 05:19