Hello, am looking for any and all advice/suggestions/help with my upcoming itinerary. We are planning on spending time on both Oahu & BI and would like advice on how to split time on activities. There are 2 adults, we will have a car on both islands, I have been before, but this is my husband’s first time, so I want to do some iconic, must-see things in both locations. We are super chill, not looking for nightlife on this trip, just want to relax and see cool stuff. TIA!
-FEB 23 to MAR 1: OAHU—staying at Marriott Ko’Olina; will have car
1. Activities planned for Oahu:
b. Pearl Harbor
c. Hanuama Bay
d. North Shore/Haliewa
e. Waikiki/Diamond Head
• Any suggestions for how to plan these days out? Combine activities? Did I miss something crucial for my husband to see?
-MAR 1 to MAR 4: BIG ISLAND—Here’s where I need the most help! (I know the consensus is to spend more time on the BI, but we are getting free lodging through Marriott and can’t come to the BI any earlier than 3/1.)
2. MAR 1: HNL→ ITO—will have car, plan on driving to VNP that evening & staying at a B&B
3. MAR 2: Visit VNP all day; drive to Hilo & stay the night
• Should we stay another night in VNP? Should we make the drive all the back to the West Coast?
4. MAR 3: Sight see the Hamakua Coast & drive back to Kona or Waikoloa that night
• What are some must-see’s in this area? I was thinking Akaka Falls, Valley of Kings, Black Sand beach. Suggestions?
• We have the option of staying at Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel or Marriott Waikoloa Beach Resort. Opinions on which one to pick?
5. MAR 4: Sight see the West Coast; KOA→Mainland (evening flight)