We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip advice (honeymoon)

Montreal
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Trip advice (honeymoon)

Hey guys, hoping to get some feedback and recommendations on our itinerary:

We're planning a trip to Hawaii for our honeymoon in August. Plan so far is 4-5 nights at Turtle Bay Resort followed by 4-5 nights at the Hotel Renew in Waikiki. We were hoping to get a list of must do's on Oahu and some recommendations for a Luau. I'm a big sailor as well so a sailing cruise could be nice or even a place where we could borrow a hobie or other small dinghie for a couple hours. Snorkeling and hikes are also to do's for us.

Thanks a lot!

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,150 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip advice (honeymoon)

Dog, if you repost this question on the Oahu forum you will get a better response.

And best wishes to the two of you on your marriage and honeymoon!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,275 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip advice (honeymoon)

Dog - I agree with Teri ... you need to post on the Oahu Forum. You're on the generic State of Hawaii Forum ... generally used by folks who have not chosen an Island.

But ... since I have your attention ... I have to say that you don't want Hotel Renew ... and after Turtle Bay ... oh, boy, will you be disappointed.

You should start reading down through the Oahu Forum, as there are very current discussions about luau. Also - you need to pick up a good travel guidebook and map for Oahu. Start a draft itinerary and post it for us ... and we'll help you fill it in and comment. "Must-do's" for you ... and "must-do's" for me may be very different.

You will need a car for Turtle Bay.

Put a sunset catamaran sail on your list for the Waikiki part of your trip.

Montreal
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip advice (honeymoon)

hey will do, and thanks a lot!

4. Re: Trip advice (honeymoon)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 06:18