We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on Oahu

Yreka, California
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay on Oahu

I would like to be close to snorkeling, calm water (weather permitting) and white sand beaches. I do not enjoy crowds, am not crazy about being close to great shopping. Enjoy nature and outside beauty, would like to be near some amenities, but not big city. Suggestions? Kailua are looks nice to me. Thoughts?

LA
Level Contributor
9,951 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on Oahu

How many people?

Hotel or condo?

What time of year?

Nightly budget?

Yreka, California
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay on Oahu

2-3 adults, May 2015, rather condo, but hotel could do, $1,500 max/ 7 nights. Rather not spend that much...

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay on Oahu

Definitely not Waikiki. No good snorkeling there and very crowded. Kailua or North Shore might be good options.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,016 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay on Oahu

You will find better snorkeling in the Waikiki Marine Life Conservation District than you will in Kailua. It starts at Queens beach and goes all the way down to the aquarium, the area isn't crowded at all!!

That said, the best snorkeling on Oahu will be found on the north shore. The later in May, the better.

Yreka, California
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay on Oahu

What part/s of the north shore should I look into?

Yreka, California
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay on Oahu

Fishdiva, I tried looking up Queens Beach on the map and nothing was coming up. I was trying to figure out names of hotels near it.... do you know names of some of them?

7. Re: Where to stay on Oahu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 07:18