We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gasstations

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
193 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
gasstations

Hello everybody,

Since a lot of people leave early for things as the road to Hana and Volcano park I was wondering at what time the gasstations will be open? Do you just wait in your car untill someone is coming to help you or how does it work? And is it easy to find them or should I make sure I fill the tank full when I found one because there arent so much gasstations?

St. Paul, MN
Level Contributor
973 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gasstations

The last gas station on the road to Hana is the Shell station in Paia and it's right on the Hana highway. It's 50 miles until the next one in Hana, so better fill up when you can. All the gas stations I've seen in Hawaii are self serve. You can pay at the pump with a credit card or pay cash inside.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,727 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gasstations

A lot of the "pay at the pump" pumps require you to input your zip code before the pump will work with your credit card. This tip won't help the OP above from Amsterdam (although she could try something similar to see if it works) but will help other Canadians... since we don't have a 5-number zip code like Americans do, take the three numbers from your postal code, and then add two zeros. The postal code for my town, for instance - T0E 1E0 .... we used 01000 at the gas pumps and it worked great. This was a tip we got from a car rental agent.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
193 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gasstations

So i should better go inside to pay? Can i then still pay with a CC? And at what times will they be open then? Or is it not a must that the zippcode is the same as the CC holder?

4. Re: gasstations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 04:19