We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how late on the airport?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
193 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
how late on the airport?

Hi everybody,

Im sorry I couldnt come up with a good title. I was wondering what time do we have to be on an airport for going from one Island to another. Here you have to be on an airport 3 hours before leaving but I was in America and I just came half an hour before leaving and that was more then enough. We also need to bring a rental car back.

I hope you can understand my question.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how late on the airport?

We always come 2 hours before.

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,766 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how late on the airport?

I think the recommended time is at least 90 minutes prior to your flight.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,491 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how late on the airport?

Even on an inter island flights, I feel more comfortable being at the airport two hours before departure. For our flight to HNL from Maui last fall, we encountered crazy at the check in counters. We were checking bags, so if you are carry on only, shaving time off would probably be fine. Do expect that the security lines can be long and slow, or they can be fast. Usually they would be slow if we are running late! Deb

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how late on the airport?

You mean you were in an airport in the US, checked in, checked luggage and went through security all in an half an hour? I've never seen that done!! For inter-island flights you need to check in at least 90 minutes before the flight. If you check in on line and don't check luggage I would still be there 90 minutes before the flight. Since you are returning a car, make it 2 hours.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,497 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how late on the airport?

Aloha,

Minimum requirements:

…hawaiianairlines.com/app/…815

6. Re: how late on the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 04:18