We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route to take from airport

california
Level Contributor
83 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Route to take from airport

Hello everyone

We arrive tomorrow to Hononlulu at noon!!!!! :) our rental is in Kailua. I am getting two routed from the airport and one is with the palo highway. I recalled the Pali lookout.. Is this route more scenic to take? Does it take too much time to stop at the lookout?

Thanks

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,603 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Route to take from airport

Take H-1 East to Pali Highway & take Pali Highway to Kailua.

Pali Lookout is a 10 minute or less drive from Kailua. You can stop there anytime during your trip. Best not to stop there on the way as you will have luggage in the car. Your car won't be visible from the lookout.

I like going to the Pali Lookout from the Kailua side anyway as you will be driving on part of Old Pali Rd.

When you do go to Pali Lookout, walk down the Old Pali Highway trail that starts at the lookout. Walk down bout 10 minutes or so down to where there is a huge boulder on the trail/road. It will take about 15 minutes going back up the road.

california
Level Contributor
83 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route to take from airport

Thanks for the reply!!

3. Re: Route to take from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 06:16