We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggest a road trip for us

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Suggest a road trip for us

We are currently in Fountain Hills, AZ and want to take a more scenic route home to WA. We only have about 3 driving days to get home but we would like to stop at the Grand Canyon for a few views. We are traveling with a dog so cannot spend the night at the Canyon lodges. We would like to go up through Utah and Idaho, is there time to see anything on the way? We usually travel about 8-10 hrs a day.

Boise, Idaho, U.S.A.
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggest a road trip for us

How to see a lot and make good time?

From Salt Lake City, you could take I-80 to Wells, NV, and then U.S. 93 up through Jackpot, NV and Twin Falls, ID. It's a little longer than taking I-15 and I-84 via Burley. You'll get some good views from the south of Great Salt Lake, and you'll pass through the Bonneville salt flats. Beware of speed traps in West Wendover.

South of Twin Falls you can go a few miles east to see Shoshone Falls. On the way to I-84 you'll pass over Perrine Bridge.

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggest a road trip for us

Thanks very much, that sounds interesting!

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggest a road trip for us

This is definitely the best time of the year to see Shoshone Falls, and I've attached a link to a story on it earlier this week. Called the "Niagara of the West," it plunges 212 feet into the Snake River Canyon. If you do end up in Twin Falls overnight, the best local place for breakfast is the Buffalo. It looks like a hole in the wall, but it is fabulous!

magicvalley.com/articles/…159985.txt

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggest a road trip for us

Thanks, I had never heard of Shoshone Falls until now. Looks beautiful!

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggest a road trip for us

There are so many places to see between Arizona and Washington, but unfortunately, with only 3 days to travel, you are going to be limited to what's close to the freeway. Hope you have great weather and see something cool along the way!

6. Re: Suggest a road trip for us

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 06:26