We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silverwood Theme Park Trip

Washington
14 posts
Save Topic
Silverwood Theme Park Trip

We're planning a trip to Silverwood Theme Park sometime in August.

- Do they have hotel rooms for 4 people? we have about 8 people going.. so probably 2 rooms?

(Is it better to book hotels online? or is it okay to arrive there to check in?)

- Should we play at Silverwood for 1 or 2 days?

- Is this park good for 18-21 year olds?

- What else can we do at Coeur d'Alene? (Probably where we will stay over the night)

Thanks!

Coeur D'alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
592 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silverwood Theme Park Trip

You'll probably want to stay in the Coeur d'Alene area and yes, you should be able to find rooms for 4 people depending on sleeping arrangements (two doubles and a rollaway and a sofa bed or something).

In August it's still busy in this area so you may want to reserve your rooms in advance, especially if you want them adjoining.

The closest hotel to Silverwood would be the Holiday Inn in Hayden, which is may 20 minutes south of Silverwood. It's a nice hotel with an amusement park area with go-carts, bowling, games, miniature golf and a water park. That might be fun for your 18-21 year olds.

The location isn't beautiful, but you're only 10-15 minutes to downtown Coeur d'Alene and the city beach, resort, golf, lake cruises, main street shopping and dining, hiking Tubbs Hill, etc. (lots to do in Coeur d'Alene)

If you want to stay closer to downtown, you could try the new Hampton Inn at Riverstone which is close, or stay at one of the many downtown motels which don't have the amenities of the newer ones, and it might be harder to find the rooms you want.

Lots of fun stuff to do but you might want to book your room soon since August can be busy.

For 18-21 year olds, one day would probably be enough at Silverwood, but others may disagree. If I was 20, I'd rather spend more time hanging out downtown Coeur d'Alene.

Have fun on your trip.

Washington
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Silverwood Theme Park Trip

Thanks...

I forgot to ask how's the weather like in Idaho last week of August/first week of September?

Hot enough to play at Silverwood?

Is it cheaper to book hotels online beforehand than to check in, in person, or is it the same price?

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silverwood Theme Park Trip

Be sure to take the 18yo's out to breakfast at the Athol Cafe just north of Silverwood...

There is a little campy hotel there too. We stayed there and thought it was fine.

I think an 18yo would have fun for a full day. Maybe two -- depends on if they like roller coasters. Mine would.

Coeur D'alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
592 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silverwood Theme Park Trip

The weather is still nice in late August, early September. I starts to get a little chilly in the evening, but nothing you can't handle. Daytime temps should be in the mid 70's, but that's just an average. We can get up to 90 in late August on a particularly hot day.

As far as booking online vs. in person -- you should book in advance and online in my opinion. Not only does the area stay pretty busy the last week in August, but you have lots of people and may need a specific size room. Look for internet specials if they have any, but if not, as soon as you decide where you want to stay, book it.

5. Re: Silverwood Theme Park Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2009, 07:16