We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoshone Falls

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Shoshone Falls

Will be going through the Twin Falls area the last part of May, and wondered what the run-off for the Snake over the falls might be like. Has there been a lot of snowpack in the mountains, possibly enough that the falls will still be really active?

Mentioned in this post
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,360 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoshone Falls

some one in Twin can tell you better, but we really didn't have much snow this year. this is the second year running, we didn't have to shovel the roof...

Neptune Beach...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoshone Falls

Go to nearby Dierkes Lake for a dip with diving board, cliff jumps, rolling lawn and tanning decks- all right in the water behind the dam!

Mentioned in this post
Dierkes Lake
Dierkes Lake
67 Reviews
Twin Falls, ID
Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
811 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shoshone Falls

I haven't been to the falls yet this year. I'll run down this weekend and scope it out.

Pug

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
811 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shoshone Falls

Sandia, I didn't make it to the falls last weekend but one of my friends did. The flow was moderate at that time, putting on a nice show. We've had cold weather and snow in the higher elevations the last couple weeks so I'm sure they'll be running well at the end of May.

Pug

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shoshone Falls

We're thinking about heading out this way in the summer. Is it worth visiting the falls in August?

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
811 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shoshone Falls

Callicles, we'll be at the height of irrigation season then, and the falls will be just a trickle. If you're going to be in Twin Falls anyway, it would be worth it to see the canyon at that spot, but don't make a special trip. Instead, I'd point you in the direction of Stanley and the Sawtooth Mountains.

Pug

Mentioned in this post
Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
811 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shoshone Falls

I visited Shoshone Falls tonight and the water is high, not super high but putting on a good show. Our weather has been cold, windy, and rainy lately so bundle up if you're heading down to the falls.

Have a great trip,

Pug

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,263 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shoshone Falls

Now I know where I am headed this weekend...I have yet to see the falls with water flowing over them....so hopefully!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,263 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shoshone Falls

We made it! We had a great time, saw Twin and Shoshone falls. We enjoyed the quiet park by the Twin Falls.

Shoshone was rated medium for us and the women at the food stand said it was the highest it had been, with the expectation of it getting higher in June.

They were really worth seeing. So incredible. It rained for awhile, but then the sun came out and it was lovely.

We also headed south and visited the Rock Creek Station on the California Trail. That was lonely and wonderful, worth the detour.

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
10. Re: Shoshone Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2010, 06:23