We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RV trip from Seattle to Idaho???

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
146 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
RV trip from Seattle to Idaho???

We are renting a RV from Seattle and will have about 6 days full days (pick up sat afternoon and returning Sat morning) to go somewhere. We were considering heading east to Idaho. We have never been and would love any suggestions. We have 2 kids 4 and 7 that will be with us. My husband loves to fly fish. We also like the outdoors. Thank you very much.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,547 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RV trip from Seattle to Idaho???

Drive the I-90 to the Columbia River...Continue on the 26 & South on the 17 just past Othello...Follow then the 260/261/12 into Clarkston... Hold your nose through Lewiston (If the winds from the S/E)...Remainig on the 12, go into camp any where the fishing looks good ! A day or two, spent along the Clearwater River will make the hubby a very happy man! Camp at Lolo Hot Springs for a kids & parents, swim...Turn on the 93 South to the 75/21 (several days. along here) into Boise... Hit the I-84 and high tail it home !!! Happy trails ... carracar

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
75 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RV trip from Seattle to Idaho???

If you keep north towards Coeur d'Alene, you could check out Silverwood Theme Park--they have a campground across the highway from the park, but if that interests you, I would call for reservations. It's enormously popular.

Have your husband check out this: fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/fish/guides/

This is the tourism site for NorthCentral Idaho: www.visitidaho.org/regions/north-central/ Also look at http://www.visitnorthcentralidaho.org/ They do a nice visitor guide you can order frm the site.

You'll be suprised at all there is to see and do.

I think of this part of Idaho as peacful and serene. But if you want action, take a jet boat ride! And there's Hell's Canyon if you want a serious river experience. Between Lewiston, Moscow, and Grangeville (Heart of the Monster--what kid wouldn't love that?), there is enough to do to stay at least a couple of days.

And there should be huckleberries for sale at fruit stands. Yum. And a giant dog B&B. And a really good museum at the monestary at Cottonwood.

Cathy

Edited: 19 July 2013, 22:30
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
146 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RV trip from Seattle to Idaho???

Thank you very much to both of you. This is helpful!!!

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,402 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RV trip from Seattle to Idaho???

Heather, according to my sons that are avid fishmen Montana is the king of fishing. They mentioned the Clarkfork river that starts in northern Idaho and goes into Montana.

also take a look at this site...

www.angelfire.com/wa

Collie

Sun Valley, Idaho
Level Contributor
30 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RV trip from Seattle to Idaho???

Make Sun Valley, Idaho your destination! You can hike, bike, fish and ride. Plus the largest free symphon in the US. And jazz and rock concerts. Wonderful camping, great restaurants. You will love it.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
146 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RV trip from Seattle to Idaho???

thank you. I will take a look at the link

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,452 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RV trip from Seattle to Idaho???

we have the best fly fishing in the world..check out silver creek for fishing.

Edited: 23 July 2013, 17:30
8. Re: RV trip from Seattle to Idaho???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 07:44