We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evacuations due to fire in Sun Valley, Ketchum and Hailey

Idaho
Level Contributor
235 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Evacuations due to fire in Sun Valley, Ketchum and Hailey

Just heard this news and am hoping the fire can be contained quickly. Also hoping Charley is safe.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,359 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evacuations due to fire in Sun Valley, Ketchum and Hailey

thanks, i litterally , just got home from a "glamping" fabulous 5* trip, fabulous, organic food (sustainable, kobe beef, lava lake lamb...sustainalbe pork tenderlion , with idaho cherries), raised cot beds with cushions (can i say..i never wanted to get up..UNTIL..they brought the warm (((HOT)))) towels to your tent) , wonderful, colorful, sensible guides and great fun in the outdoors..to the "boat house", where they dismantle the boats, and get ready for the next trip...that is in 36 hours (with 22 guests)..wow, it seemed like a lifetime of being in your shorts on a rubber boat..( loved it) and tramping thru the woods, and ready for ANOTHER organic meal, snack...

and i come home to think i would have a shower..(never been this dirty , ever) to the road being closed..the cat, sorry maame, but we are "bombing " your hill, outside your house.

yes, evacuated ...humm , we are hunkered down in the house, as we can't get out now...MANDITORY, going to stanley tomorrow for a reunion, if we make ii thru the night...

hummmmm

Idaho
Level Contributor
235 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evacuations due to fire in Sun Valley, Ketchum and Hailey

Sounds like an amazing trip. Do you mind if I ask where you went? Also stay safe and keep us posted. Our friends in Hailey are just outside the evacuation area but she mentioned the rest of the summer symphony hads been canceled as well as the writer's conference which was supposed to start Friday. Ash is falling like a light snow on our side of the range.

Mentioned in this post
Hailey
Hailey
Idaho
Idaho
Level Contributor
235 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evacuations due to fire in Sun Valley, Ketchum and Hailey

Sounds like an amazing trip. Do you mind if I ask where you went? Also stay safe and keep us posted. Our friends in Hailey are just outside the evacuation area but she mentioned the rest of the summer symphony has been canceled as well as the writer's conference which was supposed to start Friday. Ash is falling like a light snow on our side of the range.

Edited: 17 August 2013, 14:50
Mentioned in this post
Hailey
Hailey
Idaho
idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,359 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evacuations due to fire in Sun Valley, Ketchum and Hailey

no, the sherrif, just came to get us out..we are the only ones here, and they are planning on evacuation hailey..it is coming down croy canyon, and carbanate is on fire...eeekkkkk

Sidney, Canada
Level Contributor
366 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evacuations due to fire in Sun Valley, Ketchum and Hailey

Stay safe - hope for rain and for no winds for you!

Edited: 17 August 2013, 19:45
N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
23,282 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evacuations due to fire in Sun Valley, Ketchum and Hailey

Good grief Charley...get going girl!

So glad you posted msbasil...heard the same on the radio as I was headed in to the Farmer's market this morning and was hoping *our* Charley was ok....

When you get back and safe, a trip report on the glamping adventure would be great.

Meanwhile, sending watery thoughts your way...

Pam

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,359 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Evacuations due to fire in Sun Valley, Ketchum and Hailey

ok, we are now in stanley...danners cabins, with the kids that i raised...and we are having a party..at petit lake..swinging from a rope swing...eating good food..poor peter, wants to go home, but guess what...we can't. evacuated from the north fork store, to hailey. and our car is in another evaced place. some day soon....my bed.

thanks for thinking of us. hard to leave the house, and the cat...

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,423 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Evacuations due to fire in Sun Valley, Ketchum and Hailey

I am glad you are safe and hope your cat will be there when you return home.

Idaho
Level Contributor
640 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Evacuations due to fire in Sun Valley, Ketchum and Hailey

Charley48, Happy to hear you are safe.

Diane

Visit Idaho

Mentioned in this post
Idaho
Idaho
United States
idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,359 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Evacuations due to fire in Sun Valley, Ketchum and Hailey

the flames are closet to our house, and we are not safe. slept in the alley in stanley, in the car, and drove 3 hours to Boise..in a hotel...

Mentioned in this post
Boise
Boise
Idaho