We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Employment & relocation to N.Idaho...

3 posts
Save Topic
Employment & relocation to N.Idaho...

Good evening to all.....my husband & I may eventually relocate to either spokane valley, post falls, coeurdalene, or somewhere in between. All we have to go by is research on my computer, as far as rental rates, employment, costs of groceries, gasoline, etc...I am a Retired State of California Employee & my husband is a WindowTinter by trade & has worked as a Forklift Mechanic..we would like to either rent my house in SoCalif when we move they but need input on inexpensive housing, rents,etc.. I don't think I/we can qualify for a home loan again so which area is more feasible to buy a little mobile home in a park in or pays....so much to consider !!! 0-o

We will be investing in a trip up there for about 5 days next week, so I truly appreciate any good input & sincere advice...thanks & have a lovely day.... Mary S :)

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Employment & relocation to N.Idaho...

I suggest you start with Spokane where jobs are year round and housing is more available... Then have a looksee over in Idaho for a more favorable situation ... carracar

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Employment & relocation to N.Idaho...

ty :)

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
769 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Employment & relocation to N.Idaho...

Spokane is a great base, and you can take a day to drive to Post Falls and Coeur d'Alene to look around. The last time I was in that area I couldn't believe how nice Post Falls was and how much it had grown. I spent the summer in Coeur d'Alene in the mid 70s and back then Post Falls's biggest attractions were a road house and a tourist trap called the Snake Pit. Much lovelier now!

Have a great trip,

Pug

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,367 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Employment & relocation to N.Idaho...

Be prepared to pay at least half of what you would pay for the same thing in CA.

I'd give a look at this web site lots of places listed on there....

www.craigslist.com

Put in both Spokane Valley and post Falls, as Carracar said you might have better luck in Spokane because it's so much bigger.

Any questions that I might help with please ask...

We certainly welcome newcomers to our area.

Collie

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Employment & relocation to N.Idaho...

ty so much..I read thru the oodles of posts I appreciate your reply :)

6. Re: Employment & relocation to N.Idaho...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 05:18