We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helpppp

9 posts
Save Topic
Helpppp

Im going to chicago on march 10-14. Its my first time there! What should i definately see?? I know theres a bunch of stuff on saint pattys day but what else is a must see?!

Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helpppp

Start with the Tripadvisor Guide:

…tripadvisor.com/pdfs/…TA_Chicago_Guide.pdf

Delavan, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helpppp

Post in the Chicago specific forum rather than the general Illinois forum and you'll get more responses. But the first question is going to be what sort of things are you interested in:

I like Chicago theater, so that is on my must see list.

As a kid the place I always wanted to see was the Museum of Science and Industry. As an adult I think the Field Museum is better.

If you've never been there before, I think going up in either the John Hancock building or the former Sears Tower (sorry can't remember it's present name) would be among the must dos. But choosing between them depends on your reason for going up in it. The Hancock buidling has the better views; the former Sears Tower is taller and has more educational stuff provided in the tour.

Some think that Navy Pier is a must, but I can't see why unless you just need an excuse to spend money.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
16,269 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helpppp

First: post on the Chicago forum. There are some great advice givers there who may never find your question on the State forum. It would help to know something about you and your likes/dislikes. There is so much to do for kids, teens, young singles, young couples, adults, older couples, grandma and grandpa in the City. A little direction would be helpful.

4. Re: Helpppp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 06:21