We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

70th Birthday Celebration

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
70th Birthday Celebration

Hey everyone! I am hoping to get some advice from y'all. My family is going to Chicago for my mom's 70th birthday( june 5-10th). We are staying at the Hampton Inn Majestic (w.Monroe) and already have our city pass. Because 70 is such a milestone I would love to surprise her with a birthday cake. The only place I seem to find is Alliance Bakery whose delivery charge us as much as the cake! Any bakeries near the hotel area? All I find are cupcakes.is this a good place to get it from?

For dinner we wanted to do something different. She loves steak and we are not the fancy dress up kind. We do not drink, fancy is not a must we just want some yummy food.I am on the fence between good old Ruth Chris ( familiar to us down here in the South) or that Brazilian steakhouse on N. LaSalle because I would think the whole gaucho experience would be Extremely out there for us! Our group is 4 adults, is that place a good choice? Any other ideas?

One last question regarding airport transportation. Because my parents are older I do not want to use the L to get to our hotel.we are flying into Midway. I have read about the airport express shuttle . Any feedback on that service? Would a cab be a better/cheaper choice?

Thanks in advance'

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 70th Birthday Celebration

You may want to repost this is the CHicago forum to get more responses.,.

Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,955 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 70th Birthday Celebration

This is a duplicate post.

3. Re: 70th Birthday Celebration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 02:43