We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging near galena

chicago
Level Contributor
8,510 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
lodging near galena

Can't find anything in Galena or Dubuque, any other options besides Freeport?

Janesville...
Level Contributor
465 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lodging near galena

You could try Platteville, WI. It is a cute little college town and has a bunch of lodging options.

Crystal Lake...
Level Contributor
54 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lodging near galena

What days are you looking for? I'll help look for you if you'd like.....I go to Galena often, and know the area well.

Crystal Lake...
Level Contributor
54 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lodging near galena

Actually, just thought of one. There is a Country Inn in Stockton, which is the same distance outside of Galena as Dubuque. I would try there. Cute town too.....go to the LA Driveinn for ice cream.....the most you'll ever get for a buck!

chicago
Level Contributor
8,510 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lodging near galena

Thanks! Thinking this weekend but apparently so is the whole world lol

Crystal Lake...
Level Contributor
54 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lodging near galena

The weekend you should go is Halloween weekend. The leaves will truly have their colors showing, the town is vibrant with the halloween parade, and believe it or not, many places are vacant. I'm actually staying that weekend at Chestnut Mountain, as they have a $99/night special there, and rooms still available.

Check to see if this works for you.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,510 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lodging near galena

Country inn is completely sold out this weekend, is everyone going for fall colors or is there something else go on

Thanks for the Halloween tip but we already have plans the weekend before Halloween

chicago
Level Contributor
8,510 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lodging near galena

@cieper we are going tomorrow just for the day, where is a good spot for a picnic lunch? Do you recommend the country fair that's going on this weekend? Anything else?

8. Re: lodging near galena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 03:17