We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoiding Springfield School Field trips

Chicago
Level Contributor
120 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Avoiding Springfield School Field trips

We are 2 mature couples planning a short visit to Springfield. We would like to go when the weather is good (spring or summer) but want to avoid hundreds of school students on field trips. Can you suggest dates? Would mid week or weekends make a difference?

Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,812 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoiding Springfield School Field trips

My wife and I went a few years ago in September, and there were no kids there at all. The place was pretty empty.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,534 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoiding Springfield School Field trips

If you want to avoid school field trips - weekends would be best.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
150 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoiding Springfield School Field trips

I have been to Springfield countless times and have encountered a school field trip exactly once, at the Lincoln Grave.

I don't think there's any logic to when school groups go, and it's a big enough town that if you encounter one you can always choose to start with another attraction first.

The above suggestion is totally logical, though, if you just can't bear to run into groups of young adults weekends are a good bet.

4. Re: Avoiding Springfield School Field trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2014, 05:17