We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Route 30 Vs I65s/I70s

Dallas, Texas
7 posts
Save Topic
US Route 30 Vs I65s/I70s

Hi All,

I am planning to travel from Chicago to Dublin,Ohio on dec 29 thru US rte 30. This route goes thru Indiana. Is it safe to travel this route in winter? Or is it better to travel thru I65s/I70e. Which route is safer considering traffic, road conditions, snow cleaning etc

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,244 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Route 30 Vs I65s/I70s

Interstate for sure. The interstate will always be kept clearer in bad weather conditions than a state highway. I30 goes through a bunch of towns which means more stops, intersections, etc. The interstate will be both safer, faster and, in the event of bad weather, probably better conditions.

Dallas, Texas
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: US Route 30 Vs I65s/I70s

Thanks a lot wes032 for replying..its really helpful :)

Delavan, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US Route 30 Vs I65s/I70s

The only reason to take US 30 would be if you were to check the weather report for local conditions and find that Indianapolis was getting fog and ice while Fort Wayne was clear. Assuming the same bad (or good) weather all over, definitely take the interstate over the rural highway.

4. Re: US Route 30 Vs I65s/I70s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2014, 05:18