We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

State park inns

North Carolina...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
State park inns

we are thinking of hiking and staying overnight- any state inns better than others? anyone been to McCormicks creek inn?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: State park inns

We have not stayed at McCormicks Creek Inn - sorry I can't help you with that. But, we have stayed at the Clifty Inn at Clifty Falls State Park in Madison. It was one of the BEST hotels we've ever stayed at! The room was cozy and nicely decorated, the bed was VERY comfortable, and breakfast was delicious!! I highly recommend it!

Highland, IN
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: State park inns

Clify Park Inn was awsome! We went there in 2003. We loved the hiking paths. If you like to walk/hike, you will love their paths. You may want to consider some real good and comfortable shoes or low-cut boots. We all had comfortable shoes, but they weren't hiking boots. AT the most difficult path was, #1 which ran close to the falls. We aren't in perfect atheletic shape, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. It is very beautiful and worth the hike to Madison, In. Please keep in mind that this park is not right off I65, you will have to take an exit off of I65, if you are coming south on I65. We actually went there after going to Mammouth Cave, KY. We took the scenic route, which was U.S. 421 (an old route). We really enjoyed doing that because we got to go over an older bridge in which we did after dark. It was still scenic, even in the dark. The Resort was excellent, the pool and hot tub was so clean. The rooms were so clean, I really think they were the cleanest I have ever found!

Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: State park inns

Check out the Inn at Turkey Run park. For hiking or canoeing you can't beat it.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,189 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: State park inns

Absolutely loved Spring Mill Inn and the park!