We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Suggestion near Purdue

Woodstock, Illinois
Level Contributor
206 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Suggestion near Purdue

We are going to a Purdue admissions fair and football game. Daugther is looking into attending Purdue next year. The date is September 19th and we are looking for a hotel in the area. There are some hotels still with vacancies - I would appreciate a suggestion on where to stay. Mainly looking for newer, clean hotel, any chain is fine - just never stayed in the area. I have tried the hotel on campus, which would have been great, but it is already completely booked. We will keep trying though, I was told they sometimes have cancellations right before the game. Thanks for any suggestions!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Suggestion near Purdue

I know people who stayed at the Holiday Inn Select in downtown Lafayette and really liked it. There are several nice shops and restaurants downtown now that you can easily walk to from there too. It's a short drive from campus.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Suggestion near Purdue

I would also check out the reviews for hotels listed under both Lafayette and West Lafayette since they're right beside each other. Purdue is in West Lafayette, but I think most of the hotels are in Lafayette just off the interstate.

Quite a few years ago I stayed at the Fairfield Inn, which was fine. Homewood Suites was nice several years ago too.

I hope you have a great time and your daughter enjoys Purdue!

Woodstock, Illinois
Level Contributor
206 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Suggestion near Purdue

Thank you so much for the suggestions. Unfortuantely, I forgot to mention that our options were a little bit limited because we have a little Yorkie that we will probably have to bring with us, so I had to get a pet friendly hotel. I wound up making a reservation at the Comfort Inns, the web site said that it had been "updated" in 2008, so, hopefully, it will be good. I would have loved to have stayed at the hotel on campus, that must really be convenient, but no luck, called too late and I am sure we would have had to board our dog also. (haven't even done that yet, but she is a great traveler and only weighs 3 pounds)

4. Re: Hotel Suggestion near Purdue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 07:21