We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guy trip!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
158 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Guy trip!!

I'm wanting some suggestions for a guy trip in the midwest region for a long weekend..fishing, atv, maybe some type of guy museum (cars). The guys live in Indianapolis and wanted something around Indiana any suggestions. Most of the ages are in the 30's, so just some clean good fun!! Thanks...

Indy
Level Contributor
146 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guy trip!!

When are you planning to go?

Indiana
Level Contributor
158 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guy trip!!

They are looking to go August or September. Thanks!!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guy trip!!

I would go to Bloomington. You could stay at/around Lake Monroe and boat, fish (easy to find a place to do atv). There is decent golfing, IU bar scene, if you go in September you might be able to catch an IU football game. There are a lot of choices there for a guy trip and everything is reasonably priced.

Indiana
Level Contributor
158 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guy trip!!

Thx for the info.

Mika

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,496 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guy trip!!

While I'd love to have you in Bloomington/Monroe County (and be sure to post any questions you have on the Bloomington forum, I check it fairly frequently); the "car museum" idea made me think and come up with this in the opposite direction - the Dusenberg Car Museum - it's up in the Fort Wayne area. Here's the website:

www.automobilemuseum.org/Pages/default.aspx

Moving back to Bloomington. Since your date isn't fixed and includes September, if music has any interest, you might check out the Lotus World Music Festival in Bloomington. It's the weekend of 9/16(?) this year. You'll find a posting(s) about it in the Bloomington forum and more information can be found on its website:

http://www.lotusfest.org/

Line-up for this year isn't announced yet, but you can see some examples of what goes on by looking in the artist archives and checking out photo/video links. (Full disclosure, I'm on the Board of Directors for the organization that puts on the festival (among other things)).

hlo

Edited: 21 April 2010, 19:17
Indiana
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guy trip!!

If you're interested in some seriously fun ATV type stuff, check out the Badlands in Attica, IN:

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/

Rental rates are listed on the site.

Attica is about 30 minutes west from Lafayette (Purdue), and a little farther from Indy, although an easy drive from there.

7. Re: Guy trip!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2010, 06:41