We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lincoln State Park

Louisville,KY
Level Contributor
17 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Lincoln State Park

We are taking our kids to Holiday World and we camping at Lincoln State Park. Anyone who was recently been to Lincoln and could give me a little information?

Indy
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
519 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lincoln State Park

I've only been one time. In 2009, the US Mint redesigned the penny with four different images of Lincoln. The pennies were released every few months. The second penny celebrating Lincoln's childhood in Indiana was released at Lincoln SP and Washington DC area. I went to this park only because of the release of the penny. The park was clean, lots of trees. They have a lake, not sure if they have boat rentals or not. They had an ampitheater, but I read an article not to long ago about the organization that holds shows having monetary issues. I guess crowds for the shows weren't so great.

Note that across the street from the entry to the state park is the entry to the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. They have a small visitor's center, then it is a short walk back to the original cabin site and another short walk to the well the family used for water. They have also reconstructed a very, very small reenactment village (maybe three small buildings if I recall). You can also see the grave of his mother. Definately a place for older kids and adults, younger kids like wouldn't care much for the historic aspect of the place.

Not sure how long you are goin to be in the area, but east on I-64 takes you toward some cave attractions.

Louisville,KY
Level Contributor
17 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lincoln State Park

Thanks for responding Ravekid. My kids will do well with a small amount of history so we will check out the memorial before we head for home.

3. Re: Lincoln State Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 17:16