We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Ne/Castleton?

Washington, D.C.
1 post
Save Topic
Staying in Ne/Castleton?

We've finally confirmed our reservations at the Hampton Inn Indianapolis-Ne/Castleton this weekend.

We'll be driving in, and I was wondering if anyone could advise me about whether it would be better to drive to RCA or take a cab?

I've googled the area, but was looking for sort of quirkish off-the-beaten path type things to do while in the area...?

Thanks!

-Dana

Indianapolis, IN
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Ne/Castleton?

Hi Dana,

They have already advised us that traffic is going to be crazy - but my thought is, with good directions, you can do it.

The easiest route from the Hampton Inn would be to get on 69 South. This will turn into Binford Blvd (do not get on 465). You will take this route all the way to Meridian Street. (You will see a tall building on your right (Marrot apts.) and Ivy Tech.

Take a left onto Meridian and go over the bridge. Meridian will take you downtown. You most likely will have to park wherever you can find a spot. I don't recommend parking in the garages adjacent to the RCA Dome because I have found that it can be really hard to get out of them after the games.

You could take Meridian to North Street - take a right and try to park some place near the government center. It may be too close to have any parking places available...but there is a lot of street parking, etc.

Have a great time!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Ne/Castleton?

From Maya's directions take Meridian St south to Michigan St(one way west) Turn right to Capitol. There should be lots around there or park on the street if you can (free on weekends) One good option might be to park at the zoo. They will have shuttles or its an easy mile or less walk to The Dome and the hot areas downtown. To get there and avois most of the traffic take Meridian to michigan go west OVER White River to the first street over the bridge (White River Parkway) Turn left and this will take you to Washington St. Turn left about half mile or less to the zoo entrance. To get back to Fishers after the game go back the same way ONLY take the NEW YORK St bridge (one way east) then go to Illionois St (one way north). The intersate is plainly marked

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
923 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Ne/Castleton?

Definitely need to drive. I would not try to take a cab from that area.

I don't know about quirkish things to do - something different that I didn't know before I moved to Indianapolis was duckpin bowling. At Fountain Square, just southeast of downtown.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Ne/Castleton?

Hey YSU..where did you move in from?