We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any information on Bedford Iowa?

Smyrna, Delaware
Level Contributor
16 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
Any information on Bedford Iowa?

I am on the last leg of my 50-B4-50 (Fifty states before I turn 50). I am joining my college girlfriends in Kansas City, MO for the weekend so that I can check off Kansas and Iowa. I will be arriving first and will have to make the trip to Iowa solo and am concerned about safety. Looking at the map it appears that I can visit a few sites in St. Joseph's, MO and make the drive from there to Bedford (63 miles) in order to be able to check off Iowa in one day. I could not find much information about Bedford. Any information would be appreciated OR alternatives to allow me to check off Iowa in time to return back to KC to meet up with my friends. Have been anxious about this.... Thanks

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Des Moines
Level Contributor
508 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any information on Bedford Iowa?

Bedford is a small, quiet town. I don't know that there is anything in particular for a tourist to see in Bedford or its nearby communities, but there is a subtle beauty and peaceful feeling in the quiet rural areas around there.

I personally have no safety concerns about traveling there or anywhere else in Iowa alone, beyond taking the usual precautions that you would take anywhere (i.e. don't pick up hitchhikers, don't wave large sums of cash around, have a cell phone handy in case of emergency, etc.).

Good luck on your 50 state quest! I do hope that you'll consider returning to Iowa some other time to see more of the state.

Smyrna, Delaware
Level Contributor
16 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any information on Bedford Iowa?

Thank you so much. Iowa and Kansas are two of my last four states (Alaska and Oregon). I really flubbed when I was in Vancouver and Washington and did not fit Oregon into the trip. Don't want to do this with Iowa.

3. Re: Any information on Bedford Iowa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:47